by Tom Tierney
FIRM/Center for Community Change endorsed the Uniting American Families Act (UAFA) this week. FIRM/CCC is part of the management team of Reform Immigration for America (RI4A), the group organizing the march in DC on March 21.
This is why getting active in local Immigration organizations and telling your story is so important!
Out of the 16 groups that comprise the RI4A management team, 4 have now endorsed UAFA.
If you have connections to any of these groups or if they are near you, get in touch and get active!
1. Ali Noorani, National Immigration Forum
2. Ana Avendano, AFL-CIO
3. Angela Kelley, Center for American Progress
4. Angelica Salas, Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles
5. Clarissa Martinez, National Council of La Raza (Already endorsed UAFA)
6. Craig Regelbrugge, Agricultural Employers Coalition
7. Deepak Bhargava, Center for Community Change (Already endorsed UAFA)
8. Arturo S. Rodriguez, UFW
9. Eliseo Medina, SEIU (Already endorsed UAFA)
10. Esther Lopez, UFCW
11. Frank Sharry, America’s Voice
12. Gustavo Torres, CASA de Maryland, Inc.
13. Jen Smyers, Church World Service
14. Karen Narasaki, Asian American Justice Center (Already endorsed UAFA)
15. Ramon Ramirez, CAUSA (Portland, OR)
16. Wade Henderson, Leadership Conference for Civil Rights