Save these dates - and RSVP now.
The law firm of McCown & Evans along with the Beck Law Group will be holding four free information sessions in San Francisco* and the East Bay* in July and August to assist same-sex binational couples with post-DOMA issues (pending Sectiion 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act, DOMA, being found unconstitutional by the Supreme Court).
- San Francisco dates are: Tuesday, July 16 (5:30-7pm) and Thursday, August 22 (5:30-7pm) at San Francisco Public Library, Koret Auditorium,100 Larkin Street, San Francisco, CA 94102
- East Bay dates are: Tuesday, July 30 (6:30-8pm) and Saturday, August 17 (10-11:30am) at Bananas Inc., Main Meeting Room, 5232 Claremont Avenue, Oakland, CA 94618
Speakers will include immigration attorneys Kelly McCown and Jeptha Evans, Partners/Co-Founders of McCown & Evans LLP and tax attorney Alma Soongi Beck of the Beck Law Group, P.C.
Topics for discussion will include:
- Immigration options for same-sex binational couples after DOMA
- Requirements for fiancé visas or marriage-based green cards
- Federal Income Tax implications after DOMA
- Social Security benefits implications after DOMA
To RSVP, please contact Andrea from McCown & Evans LLP at email@example.com or (415) 834-9123. For additional information, please see www.mccownevans.com or www.becklawgroup.com.
This event is hosted by the Beck Law Group, McCown & Evans, Our Family Coalition, Gay Asian Pacific Alliance, Asian Pacific Islander Queer Women & Transgender Community, API Equality and Out4Immigration.
*Plans are being made to record these sessions and make them available later on YouTube.