Saturday, December 25, 2010

Holiday Blessings and Holiday Hopes...

by Tim Kempf

Tonight, Christmas Day Eve, I am blessed to have my beloved "M" here in America with me.

I am definitely one of the lucky ones today.

I also know that, unless I continue to work hard to force current immigration law to change, the blissful holiday experience that I am enjoying this year could be ripped away from me at any time...

I am calling on everyone reading this post to vow to work harder, longer and smarter in 2011 to ensure that UAFA, or any legislative vehicle that will do the same thing, gets passed as soon as possible. The current administration will no doubt be facing some challenges in the new Congress, but I feel it is still the most gay and lesbian-friendly administration to date. PLEASE do not become complacent or discouraged. Now more than ever, we ALL must work together to achieve the common goal we all share: To be able to be legally-joined with our partners here in America.

Again, I know I am one of the lucky ones tonight. To all my brothers and sisters separated from their loved ones today I say please stay strong and committed, to one another and our goal. We can (and will) see change if we all work hard enough to create it.

Consider Lt. Dan Choi, as he looks down this Christmas on the ring recently returned to him by Senator Harry Reid. The Senator and Lt. Choi never gave up fighting, and we shouldn't either...

May we all enjoy all the blessings of the season.

No comments: